Good for agriculture, the climate, and employment
What makes BambooLogic unique?
- Cultivating European bamboo on an industrial scale;
- Supplier of European bamboo canes, plants, and products;
- An experienced and international team of bamboo specialists, including the largest bamboo grower in Europe, ex-general director of International Bamboo & Rattan Organisation (INBAR) and founder member of Bamigo, specialist in bamboo textiles;
- Access to unique and patented bamboo propagation technology to make large volumes of bamboo available;
- Agreements with external growers & buyers;
- Bamboo fields in Portugal, Spain and France.
An interview with BambooLogic Partner, Senior Advisor, and ex INBAR General Director, Dr. Hans Friederich, about the benefits and drawbacks of bamboo in Europe.
What are the benefits of bamboo cultivation in Europe?
- Restoration of degraded land and reviveval of the EU agricultural sector;
- Europe is one of the largest bamboo markets and a major market for edible bamboo shoots;
- Bamboo is a sustainable alternative for tropical hardwood, PVC, steel, cotton, and composite materials;
- As one of the most versatile raw materials, bamboo constitutes the basis for a sustainable industry;
- Reinforces the efforts towards European climate goals;
- Contributes to 8 SDGs.
BambooLogic are specialists in European cultivated bamboo
bamboo from Portugal, France, or Spain
Make an impact with bamboo
Click on the logos and discover how we contribute to several SDGs
Bamboo cultivation in Europe supports several SDGs of the UN 30 Agenda for Sustainable Development.