Good for climate, agriculture and employment
What makes BambooLogic unique?
Benefits of bamboo cultivation in europe
- Local grown: short chain and availability of the raw material in Europe
- Low footprint: no heavy overseas transports & sustainable processing
- New sustainable industry within one of the biggest bamboo markets, Europe
- Sustainable alternative for tropical hardwood, PVC, steel, cotton, and composite materials
- Regeneration of degraded land and revival of the EU agricultural sector
- Bamboo fields are excellent nature-based carbon sinks
- Contributing to 8 SDG’s
An interview with Dr. Hans Friederich
– BambooLogic Partner, Senior Advisor, and ex INBAR General Director –
about the benefits and drawbacks of bamboo in Europe.
Bamboo is the fastest-growing type of grass on the planet. As an ideal alternative for hardwood, bamboo grows much faster than trees and yields more wood. Above all, bamboo can be harvested every year, without clearcutting the plant.
Thanks to its unique properties, every part of the bamboo plant can be used. Bamboo absorbs more carbon than trees, regenerates land and keeps water in the soil. When you invest in bamboo, you invest in nature and climate.
The bamboo market is expected to grow exponentially in the coming years. Europe is currently the largest export market for Asian bamboo products. For many applications European grown bamboo is suitable. That’s why investing in bamboo in Europe is a good portfolio diversification.
strong & versatile
Bamboo has more than 10,000 product applications. It has a larger tensile strength than steel and is the ideal raw material for composite materials, while on the other hand, it is used to produce ultra-soft textiles. It’s one of the most versatile renewable commodities and thus a good investment.